This has to be the most impressive modular synthesizer app we've seen. Definitely for iPad/iPhone. Moog have brought their Model 15 synthesizer to iPad for just $29. OK. Once you get over how gorgeous it looks, be prepared for sounds that simply awesome. And before you ask, yes it supports Ableton Link too. Oh, the possibilities... the possibilities...
This app has been endorsed by Suzanne Ciani (see first video below).
The second video from Synth Anatomy is a very detailed sound demo showing some of what's possible with the Moog Model 15 app. Really impressive performance and demo.
Watch the 35 second intro video of Moog Model 15:
Watch this 23-minute video demo from Synth Anatomy here:
Listen to the official sound demos of Moog Model 15 app:
OK. If your mind is not blown just yet… (and you love your synths) you might need some help! The videos below should inspire you… if not, here’s what Moog Music tell us from their product page for the Moog Model 15 app.
May 3rd, 2016– "Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
"In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal technology. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
"The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
"Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
"Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
"The Model 15 App requires iOS version 9.3.1 or later to work."
- Ships with over 160 unique presets
- Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
- Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
- Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
- Intuitive patching and cable coloring
- Support for landscape and portrait modes
- Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
- Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
- Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
- Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
- Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
- Optional left-handed UI operation
- 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
- Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
- MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
- 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
- MIDI Program Change
- Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
- Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
- Support for AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare