Here’s what ModWheel have to say about The Bends:
This is the second release of our "Creative Differences" series the first of which is the HUMDRUM.
To see THE BENDS in action go to the vids below.
And another video!
This is the second release in their Creative Differences series, a percussion instrument library that focuses on quality, organic percussion sounds designed for the Kontakt user. Following in the footsteps of HUMDRUM it features a collection of all things metal – gongs, cymbals, gamelan, triangles, and miscellaneous household items, struck, scraped and bowed while being immersed in water.
“Some years ago we recorded some gongs using this technique for a job we were doing and in the following years found ourselves returning to these recordings again and again in completely different contexts, so it seemed like a good idea to create an Instrument along these lines” said Steve Roche of MODWHEEL. “The original recordings, used raw, were mainly used for their unique tonal qualities but now, having made the instrument, it opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities with the use of the arpeggiator and detuning etc.”
- An array of metal gongs, cymbals & plates played while being immersed in water.
- 24bit 96kHz Multisamples (750 samples)
- 1.4GB Core Library (0.7GB via lossless compression)
THE BENDS Highlights:
- 30 patches of otherworldly pitch bends, underwater rhythms and hits make for a very evocative library for the adventurous music creator.
- 750 samples (up to a minute long) recorded at 24-96 kHz with contact and stereo microphones.
- Each patch allows for much manipulation with pitch, echo, reverb, shaping, arpeggiator and stutter key.
- Rhythmic patches are bpm'd.
- Most patches have velocity sensitivity assigned to the mod wheel. This gives even more flexibility in shaping rhythms when ARP (arpeggiator) is switched on.
The sample library is available for the introductory price of $25 USD (regular $35 USD). Requires full version of Kontakt 5.3 or higher.