Good news for all the Modsteppers out there, those of you who discovered ModStep for iPad. The new version, 1.1 includes a whole raft of new features including, Audio Units, a new Plugin Browser, Arrangement features, Global Scale, MIDI import and export, Audiobus destination support for up to eight channels, and a lot of enhancements and bugfixes.
Plus, Modstep will be on sale until monday the 25th for 14,99 $!
- Audio Unit support: use AU instruments and effects in modstep
- new Plugin-Browser: Drag and drop internal Instruments, AUs or IAAs to any of the Tracks.
- new Plugin-Chain per Track:: combine Internal Instruments, Audio Units and IAAs and add unlimited Insert FX per Track
- new MIDI - IO-Section per Track allows quick & easy setup of MIDI Port & Channel routings for each track.
- added Master FX Chain
- new Settings-Popups for Clips, Scenes & Tracks - available via Long-Tap.
- Global Scale: use one Scale throughout all Tracks in your Session (optional per track)
- Clips now show a preview of the notes inside their current Pattern.
- Patterns now show a preview of their notes.
- when deleting a Clip you will now have to confirm the deletion by tapping twice.
- added optional ‘Enter Clip Shortcut’ - if activated, all clips will show a button that allows to quickly open the clip in its related sequencer page.
- added variable grid-size in Piano Roll (1/48 - 1bar)
- studiomux is now able to send audio data to modstep (e.G. to mix or process through FX)
- modstep can now receive audio via Audiobus (to mix / process)
Added Arrangement options:
- Scene follow: Automatically starts the next scene after the current one finishes.
- Scene Loops: set the Scene to loop X times (or unlimited) before the next one starts
- Clip Loops: set the Clip to loop X times (or unlimited)
- Scale per Scene: Change the Global Scale per Scene
- Tempo per Scene: Change the tempo for each Scene
MIDI file import & export
- new MIDI file browser in the main file-menu.
- added MIDI indicators
- AudioShare import for the Sampler
- new global Keyboard with Pads and velocity to easily play all of your tracks onscreen.
- Audiobus destination support
- over 20 new MIDI Templates
- added metronome
- you may now decide which of the tracks should record audio.
- Notes entered in Drum and Melody mode are not shared anymore (when switching modes, the other modes notes will not play or be shown anymore)
- Drum / Melody mode do not change the Piano Rolls touch-behaviour anymore.
- added Draw-mode toggle to change the Piano Rolls touch-behaviour in either mode.
Bugfixes & improvements:
- fixed occasional note drop-outs
- improved timing of internal Sampler & Synth to be sample accurate
- improved audio-recordings to be seamless loops
- Export and Import of CCs, Chords and Pads works now
- fixed panning bug in the Sampler.
- Velocity in Piano Roll and Step Sequencer was fixed
- CCs were blocked by selected CCs
- several smaller bug- and crash-fixes as well as small usability enhancements.
Check out some videos here, also featuring Ableton Link:
- iOS 8 or later
- for audio and MIDI streaming to a Mac or PC, the studiomux server software is required: get the latest for free at studiomux.net.
- Price: 19,99 $, 14,99 $ until monday the 25th of april.
Note: Although Modstep doesn't officially don’t support the iPad 1, all MIDI functionality including MIDI-streaming via studiomux currently works on iOS 5.1.1.