Soon after we reviewed Mercuriall's Tube Amp Ultra 530, we got word about their next big plug-in coming soon, Spark. It's not availble yet... but quite frankly we can't wait to get hands on with it as soon as possible.
Here's the official press release from Mercuriall Audio Software:
Spark is the realization of all our latest achievements in the field of real-time electric circuits modeling. First of all, it’s a tube push-pull power amplifier that is working with a reactive load (guitar cabinet), with negative feedback and electric feed chains. This allowed us to implement a truly realistic poweramp saturation (very important for the majority of the Marshall®-based amps), realistic work of the Presence knob and made possible to take into account the influence of the output and power transformers.
We have considerably improved the cabinet section. Apart from the smooth positioning of microphones, we added an option to mix sound of two mics. This allows you to find pretty much any desired sound. There are four cabs and three microphones at your disposal.
Despite the fact that Spark is an amp and cab sim above all, we gave a lot of attention to the FX section. There is a Noise Gate at the input, as well as a number of pedals: there are currently four overdrives, implemented with our proprietary technology of the electric chain modeling. As for the spatial effects - there are Chorus, Delay and Reverb.
Spark’s UI continues our approach of simple usability at no expense to a wide functionality. All main actions require just a single click. We pay a lot of attention to the design, that passes a lot of iterations of adjustments and improvements, offering you a very simple and functional solution.
Spark is planned to be released in Q4 2016.
Supported platforms and formats:
Mac: VST Universal, AU Universal, AAX x64
PC: VST x32, VST x64, AAX x64
- Based on Marshall® AFD (four channels)
- Based on Marshall® JCM 800 (two channels)
- Based on Marshall® JMP Super Lead (two channels) with Master Mod
- Based on Marshall® JMP Super Bass (two channels) with Master Mod
- Tubes: 12AX7 RCA, 12AX7 RSD; 6L6GC, EL34
- Based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® G12T-75
- Based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® V30s
- Based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 Greenback
- Based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 JBL® K120 (vintage)
- Microphones: Shure® SM57, Sennheiser® MD441, Royer® R121
Pedals and FX section:
- Noise Gate
- Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808
- Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808 Lower Drive Mod
- Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-7 Hot
- Overdrive based MESA/BOOGIE® Grid Slammer
- Stereo Chorus
- Stereo Delay
- Stereo Reverb
- Oversampling: no, x2, x4, x8
- Samplerate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96