FeelYourSound has released MelodicFlow for Windows and Mac OS X. MelodicFlow is a MIDI performance and songwriting VSTi to create and play basslines, hooks, and melodies quickly. You will never sound off, as all your input is mapped to the right notes instantly.
The concept is simple:
- Put MelodicFlow on a track of your DAW.
- Connect it to a synth or some other intstrument.
- Play a chord on the lower half of the keyboard (or write it down in your DAW).
- You won't hear this chord, because MelodicFlow simply swallows the notes and stores them as your "action notes".
- Then press a white note on the upper half of the keyboard.
- The "C-6" will always play back the first note of the current chord. The "D-6" will trigger the second note.
- This way you can play a "melodic rhythm". Without having to worry if you press the right notes at the right time.
There are also special black keys which will trigger the whole chord instantly. You can even transpose your notes by some octaves while playing. Find out more in the manual. See it in action for yourself:
You don't need to limit yourself to chord notes, of course. Depending on your style you can also use scale notes or other notes that fit your needs. Simply add them in your DAW and then jam around to develop your hooks and melodies.
Pricing, availability, and introductory discount:
MelodicFlow is available at http://feelyoursound.com/melodicflow/ for $32 / 29 EUR. All updates are free forever. Plug-in format: VSTi for Windows and Mac OS X.
Enter flow2016 at the checkout page to get a 10% introductory discount (valid until 2016-06-16).
Download the demo here: http://feelyoursound.com/melodicflow/