Los Angeles, CA USA - February 20, 2015, Ottobit is a new and unique sound processor in the 500 series modular format. It is designed to give musicians and sound designers tools to sculpt any source into audio reminiscent of early 8 and 16 bit video game soundtracks.
Watch this to hear sound demos of Ottobit in action:
- Sample Rate Decimation & Bit Reduction
- Pitch Track Enabled Ring Modulator
- Tap Tempo controlled Triggered Envelopes & LFO Modifiers
- Selectable LFO and Ring Mod Waveshapes
- Blendable Ring Mod AM/FM Modulation
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/ 32 Bit floating point DSP
The Meris Ottobit.
With all of these tools at your disposal, any audio source can easily be transformed into a video game sound from the early '80s or '90s.
All Meris gear is designed and built in Los Angeles, CA USA.
Learn more: http://www.meris.us/products/ottobit/
Price: $549 MAP. Available direct from Meris and Vintage King in the USA. Distributed by Sound Network in the UK and Europe.
The Meris design team includes Terry Burton who previously founded Strymon, Angelo Mazzocco - Line6's top choice DSP Engineer to the stars (Van Halen, the Edge, Dweezil Zappa, …) and Creative Director Jinna Kim hailing from L.A.'s leading design studios and who previously created the brand identity for Strymon.