BOULDER, Colorado – February 29, 2016 – MakeMusic, Inc., creators of Garritan virtual instruments, announces the release of Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, a major update to the acclaimed sound library.
Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO) democratized the creation of orchestral music by making a comprehensive collection of virtual orchestral instruments both accessible and affordable. GPO 5 continues in this tradition by expanding the number of included instruments and offering new techniques, performance spaces and reverbs, and instrument body resonances. The result empowers musicians to produce truly inspiring symphonic sounds with a much higher level of realism.
GPO 5 features a complete orchestra with strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, and keyboards. This update now offers more than 500 instruments. Additions include:
- New Orchestral Strings including 94 section string patches, 33 small sections, and 28 solo strings in a wide range of bow strokes and techniques.
- Seven additional choir groups with 23 patches, including boys’ and children’s choirs as well as sopranos, altos, tenors and basses.
- Updated brass instruments from the renowned ProjectSAM’s “Orchestral Brass Classic.”
- Two new concert grand pianos: a legendary 9’ Model D and a 7’ Model B.
- New harp instruments with pedaling emulation, a custom organ console for expanded pipe organ control, more than 16 new impulse response presets, and much more.
GPO 5 also incorporates Sonic Morphing, an innovative technology that produces seamless dynamics ranging from the very quietest pianissimo to the loudest, most audacious forte sounds – with a continuous variety of timbre changes along the way.
“A press release simply cannot convey the magnitude of GPO 5,” said Gary Garritan, MakeMusic’s director of Garritan products. “The original Personal Orchestra revolutionized virtual orchestration and became the industry standard. I’m excited that this new GPO 5 is a huge leap forward and will continue this revolution in a major way.”
The entire orchestral collection is integrated with a new version of the state-of-the-art ARIA Player and works as a virtual instrument plug-in for notation programs (such as Finale), digital audio workstations, and sequencers, or as a standalone player.
Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 can be purchased for $149.95, and is available via download as well as on a USB flash drive. Owners of the previous version of GPO can upgrade for just $49.95. Audio samples and additional information can be found at Garritan.com. MakeMusic’s Garritan and Finale products are exclusively distributed through Alfred Music in North America, India, Australia and New Zealand and are available through music resellers worldwide.