We have reviewed Magix's Sound Forge Pro before, a Windows DAW that aims to provide a new approach to recording and production. You can check it out here: https://ask.audio/articles/review-magix-software-sound-forge-12 Now, the company has unvelied version 13, and here's what's new.
For over 25 years, SOUND FORGE Pro has been an industry-leading provider of professional software solutions for recording, audio editing and mastering. With this latest version 13, MAGIX presents a comprehensive update specifically designed to meet the requirements of professional audio producers.
SOUND FORGE Pro 13 comes with a fully-customizable new interface that can be personalized to fit individual preferences and workflows. The UI can be adjusted in four color levels – White, Light, Medium and Dark – depending on differing environmental and lighting conditions. The new icon design provides a clearer interface, showing all important audio editing features at a glance.
The enhanced VST2/3 engine and ARA2 interface extension offer greater stability and speed when using plug-ins, and allow users to work faster and more precisely.
Thanks to high-quality audio visualization tools, SOUND FORGE Pro 13 offers more possibilities when analyzing music, speech, and sounds, and displays them both graphically and dynamically. The new Peak Meter V2 allows reliable peak level measurement of digital audio signals according to international industry standards, and shows the precise, current level of an audio signal in real time.
SOUND FORGE Pro 13 also includes numerous new effects and plug-ins for mastering and cleaning audio files. With version 13, users now get the high-quality iZotope Ozone 8 Elements and RX 7 Elements plug-ins.
"With version 13, we have concentrated on the core strengths of SOUND FORGE Pro, and have once again addressed the needs and wishes of our users," says Thomas Wolf, Product Owner SOUND FORGE. "SOUND FORGE Pro delivers levels of efficiency and precision unheard of in any other audio editor. Improving the user experience and plug-in handling means that high-end audio productions can now be realized in no time."
All new features at a glance
- Customizable interface: SOUND FORGE Pro 13 offers an even more efficient way of working and an improved user experience thanks to its customizable user interface, new icon design and revised docking.
- New VST engine: The enhanced VST2/3 engine offers more stability and speed when scanning and using plug-ins.
- ARA2 support: The ARA2 interface extension allows for faster processing of audio data in plug-ins and real-time editing.
- Peak Meter V2 for level measurement: Peak levels of audio signals can now be measured reliably and correctly. With Peak Meter V2, the precise and current levels of audio signals can be displayed in real time.
- New mastering effects: The new coreFX mastering effects – 2-Point Compressor, Limiter, Expander, Compressor and Gate – allow precise dynamic control and deliver excellent audio quality.
- New delay effects: With the new coreFX delay effects – Delay, Chrorus and Flanger – accurate echo effects can be created.
- zplane élastique Timestretch: Thanks to the new élastiquePro v3 engine – based on modern psychoacoustic models and signal-processing theory – time stretching and pitch shifting are now possible without any artifacts and sound degradation.
With SOUND FORGE Pro 365, MAGIX now also offers a flexible subscription service. Users will receive all the functionality of SOUND FORGE Pro 13 as well as regular updates, patches and features, plus an exclusive, high-quality plug-in set – all from just $9.99 per month. Furthermore, the SOUND FORGE community can look forward to the SOUND FORGE Pro 13 Suite, which will be released this summer.
Price: SOUND FORGE Pro 13 – $399.00. SOUND FORGE Pro 365 – from $9.99 per month