Field recording can be a tedious task sometimes. Loopfield aims at making the series of recording, editing and processing repetitive tasks easier—and definitely more pleasant. Plug your headphones into your iPhone and wander in the streets to catch noises, voices, and horns. The app is continuously recording sounds around you and automatically generates loops. Those loops are processed in real time by granular effects that transform them on the fly. To get a sense of what the recording will sound like when immersed in a track, you can import and play your own premade beat. Once you’re happy with it, you can export the loop to incorporate it into a larger DAW-based project.
In addition to its field recording capabilities, the app will be soon updated with Audiobus compatibility and landscape orientation in a future version and will allow more studio experimentation.
- Designed exclusively for iPhone and iPad
- Slick native UI
- Continuous recording of the surrounding sounds
- Loops generated from the recordings, automatically updated each four bars
- Four different effect sets to sculpt the generated loops in real time
- Effects based on granular synthesis
- Importation of drum loops from iCloud, Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare, Mail, Airdrop and more to get an sense of the generated loops in a full audio track context
- Touchable amplitude envelope to easily shape the sound
- Sound export in .wav format
- No BS notification
- No BS subscription