HAMBURG, Germany — February 16, 2016 — Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today announced the immediate availability of Cubasis, the multitouch music sequencer app for the iPad.
Cubasis 1.9.8 features MIDI over Bluetooth LE for connecting MIDI controllers to Cubasis without the use of cables and at low latency. The second highlight is AU (Audio Unit) support, allowing for instruments and effects in AU format to be accessed directly from within Cubasis. The included MicroSonic workstation now features 28 additional brand-new instruments that deliver a wide range of fresh sounds, while the redesigned effects are now easier to control. To store projects and files, Cubasis now offers the possibility to do so via iCloud, external hard drive or a wireless flash drive.
Visit www.steinberg.net/cubasis for details on Cubasis.
Availability and Pricing
Cubasis is available as download through the App Store and on offer for 24.99 euros, including German VAT, from February 16 to March 1, 2016. The usual price is 49.99 euros including German VAT.
New Cubasis Features
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
- 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- iOS 32 and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
- Mixer with 15 revamped effect processors
- Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
- Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
- Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
- Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
- Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
- Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
- Audio mixdown and MIDI export
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support