Processing specialists Klevgrand have released GotoEQ, a new premium EQ module for desktop and iPad, and there's special pricing available for release, as well as a demo version for Mac and PC. Here's what you need to know.
GotoEQ is a new evolution of a vintage passive tube-based program equalizer, expanding on that classic sound with dynamic EQ bands. GotoEQ performs the classic ‘low-end trick’ with dual Boost and Attenuate controls for its low shelf, but it also offers the ability to perform a 'high-end trick', with a similar formulation of high shelving. With continuous frequency selection, you can tune each band as you like. But most importantly of all, GotoEQ’s two mid bands offer dynamic attenuation, bringing a musical approach to the classic EQ unit.
Simultaneously boost and cut the low shelf to create that low-mid scoop on bass tracks. De-ess vocals or de-harsh overheads by engaging dynamic attenuation and tuning the high-mid band. Add air to signals with the high shelf filter, and ‘scoop’ the high-mids using a ‘high-end trick’. Get control over the ‘nose’ of bass tracks with dynamic attenuation of the Low Mid and High Mid bands. Subtly EQ a whole mix or bus using light settings and mild compression.
- Low- and High Shelf filters, with detailed modelling of a classic passive EQ unit.
- Two parametric dynamic filters.
- High-pass filter: 20/40/80 Hz.
- Preset library.
- Continuous frequency selection for all four bands.
- Boost and Attenuation for the Low and High shelving bands.
- Gain, Q and Dynamic Attenuation for the two mid bands.
- Finely-tuned compression algorithm makes mid bands react dynamically to the signal.
- Global Input and Output Gain controls (+/-24dB)
- Global bypass and individual band bypass.
- Peak metering for the input or output
Demo versions for Mac and PC are available on the product website from the link below.
Price: iPad $9.99. Mac / PC $29.99 - both introductory prices.
Learn more about EQ and production: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=category/audio/topic/audioconcepts