ISLA Instruments founder, Brad Holland has been obsessed with drum machines for many years. Owning, repairing, restoring, modifying countless makes and models. The SP-2400 is nothing short of a passion project. Along with a small team of talented Software Engineers, CAD Engineers and revered artists, they have developed what they think is a future classic.
Staying true to form in both sonic characteristics and design aesthetic were the main drivers in the realisation of this project, while bringing the hardware into the 21st Century and keeping the same ‘instant gratification’ and intuitiveness of its spiritual pre-predecessor at heart.
- Sturdy 4-piece Steel/Aluminium enclosure.
- Mains Powered 100-250V AC.
- Dual Audio Engine: 12-Bit/26.04khz Lo-Fi Engine (Classic SP Sound) and 24-Bit/48khz Hi-Fi Engine
- Stereo Recording/Playback.
- Channels 1-8 Pannable to Main out L/R Channels 7+8 can be ‘linked’ to support stereo audio content.
- Headphone Output (9-10) w/independant monitoring of channels.
- Dedicated Microphone Pre-Amp.
- Looper Pedal Mode (with full duplex recording/playback).
- Record and overdub live audio during playback.
- USB Host & Device Ports: Connect usb thumb drives, keyboards, midi controllers directly into the SP2400.
Note: This is a PRE-ORDER item, and WILL NOT SHIP until DEC 2019 /JAN.2020
Learn more about beat-making: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=category/audio/topic/drumprogramming