You have to hand it to them. Sugar Bytes not only got me immediately interested in their new polyphonic synthesizer plugin, Factory, because it is a Sugar Bytes synth, but the marketing copy on their website had my brain completely overwhelmed too. In a good way.
When was the last time you saw a synth (or any plug-in) being described in the following way?
“Factory is your safari ticket to the wilderness of sound. Bearded basslines go fishing for diamonds in a lake full of frogs. Crank the crossfader to morph from a tricky beat to some mellow chords. Combine what no one else has combined yet. This is not your usual preset-clicker. Factory is the new poly-synth from Sugar Bytes. The one with the matrix.”
If this hasn’t got you curious too, then perhaps the trailer video will…
Here are the main features of Sugar Bytes Factory:
- 2x10 Oscillator Engines, plus Sub Osc (with RingMod mode) and Noise (with 5 Colors)
- 8-Voice VA-Sync, FM, Transformer, Wavetable (6 Flavors), Waveguide, Fractal Synthesis
- 11 New Filter models, matched to the oscillators
- Morph Crossfader allows for morphing of all continuous parameters
- "Liquid" Mod Matrix with 8 sources & 10 targets is the centerpiece of sound creation
- 3x Multi-Effect with drag 'n' drop signal flow, incl. newest reverbs (Corpus, Piano, Spring, Shimmer)
- 4x Sequencers for all kinds of Gates and CV's, incl. 36 motion curves, uni/bipolar
- Arpeggiator, Intonation engine, Scale Quantizer
- Over-Featured Envelopes, LFOs and Sample+Hold
Listen to “Got A Job At The Factory” by Solidtrax below. Everything is Factory except for the drums:
EDITOR'S NOTE: Sugar Bytes have been busy! Just a few days after release, they issued a 1.0.1 update with a few fixes:
- FX instability fix
- clicks and pops fixes
- mono/mono-legato mode
- OSX 10.9 compatibility fix
Factory is priced at $139 / €139.
You can download a demo of Factory here. http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/download/demo/index.php?lang=en
Learn more about the different functions of Factory like its Oscillators, Modulators, Arpiculation, Matrix Basics, Matrix Advanced, Sequencers, Morph, Sample + Hold on on the Sugar Bytes site.