SampleTank is one of the best-known sample-based workstation instruments in the business, and now IK Multimedia has announced SampleTank 4, redesigned from the ground up to be every musician's "go to" music creation workstation.
SampleTank 4 offers a massively expanded sample library (up to 8,000 sounds across 250 GB of samples) and a completely redesigned, scalable/zoomable interface. A new cutting-edge sound engine offers efficient hard-disk streaming and advanced sound design/editing possibilities.
The library and sound engine are complemented by innovative dynamic groove "players" (arpeggiator, strummer, pattern and loop player), 13 new effects (for a total of 70), a powerful new Mix window, a unique Live mode and powerful integration with IK's iRig Keys I/O line.
Three versions are available: SampleTank 4 SE; SampleTank 4; and SampleTank 4 MAX.
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
- Content structured in Instruments, Multis and MIDI Patterns
- Fully compatible with macOS and Windows
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST 3, and Audio Units
- 16 part multitimbral
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Info view with specific information and 3D icon for each instrument
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- Live mode for instantaneous sounds loading, organized in set lists and songs
- Expandable instrument library
- Pad interface lets launch patterns, loops or single notes seamlessly from iRig Keys
- I/O or any MIDI controller
- 70 studio quality effects
- Layers allow for creating splits and layers
- Edit view for in depth editing of all synth engine parameters, independently for all
- the elements or articulations that are included in the instrument
- Custom modulation for synth engine and effects parameters
- Advanced instrument browsing with convenient search function
- BPM syncable time-based effects, audio loop instruments and LFOs
- Four play modes including mono legato with portamento
- Zone switch allows to edit individual key-zones for the selected sound elelement or articulation
- Multi Articulation and Key Switch instrument control
- Easy to use assignable MIDI control to any parameter with MIDI Learn
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
- Import feature allows users to import .wav and .aiff samples
Price And Availability
SampleTank 4 will ship in early 2019, and is available for pre-order from the IK Multimedia online store or from select IK dealers now. Through the end of 2018, IK is offering a special pre-order discount that lets users of any IK product that retails for $/€99.99 and up purchase SampleTank 4 at upgrade pricing for an even further reduced price.
SampleTank 4 SE - An affordably-priced entry into the SampleTank line, offering 2,000 carefully chosen instruments for 30 GB of sounds. SRP $/€149.99* - special pre-order price $/€99.99
SampleTank 4 - Over 100 GB of sounds, including 70 GB of newly recorded material, for 6,000 sounds overall. SRP: $/€299.99* - special pre-order price $/€199.99 - upgrade for only $/€149.99
SampleTank 4 MAX - The largest sample library IK has ever produced, it offers over 250 GB, including 200 GB of all new sounds. That's over 8,000 sounds in total. SRP $/€499.99 - special pre-order price $/€299.99 - upgrade for only $/€199.99
Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.