Flintpope has been busy creating new instruments for Reaktor and his latest is GREY, a ROMpler with some of the flexibility of a synth. Here's what he told us about it...
"GREY is a sample player loaded with 101 synth samples from an iconic 90s synth all ready to deliver a range of essential retro sounds from big pads to LOFI oscillating washes, all via fat basses and hot leads."
- The sample selector has Sample Choice, Volume, Pitch, Random (select), Start-point and Warp(ed Vinyl).
- As well as the obvious envelope controls there is a Vinyl FX option which delivers a genuinely random crackle effect created by a Geiger unit.
- Next is the 8 Pole Filter with five variables capable of creating rich tonal range. Watch out for the Wobble dial too.
- Then come Reverb and Echo (delay), followed by a Compressor. Each of these three FX have a lot of tweakage available.
- Last is the LFO section which dials up Rate, Phase, Shape, Sync and Key (note-on trigger).
- The best thing about the LFO, and the key to the overall sound of GREY is the routing options. You have:
- LFO to Key Velocity, to 8 Pole Filter Balance, to Reverb Size and to Echo Time.
GREY is monophonic and requires the FULL VERSION of Reaktor 6 version 6.3.0 (R26)
If you get “Not a valid Reaktor File” error message please update your Reaktor 6 to Reaktor 6.3.0 (R26) using your Native Access and ensure you open the new version.
Click here to download it for free: http://bit.ly/gReYdL
Learn Reaktor skills: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=category/audio/application/reaktor