Paris, March 23rd, 2018: After the release of software products RYM2612 Iconic FM Sythesizer (2016) and RYMCast Genesis VGM Player(2017), Mathieu Demange, independant software developer from Paris, France, releases his first effect plugin in VST, Audio Units & Rack Extension formats : the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter.
This effect plug-in is designed to perfectly mimic the whole AD/DA conversion process of the Akai S950 in order to give to any audio signal this vintage, warm and crunchy sound with the ease & flexibility of a modern DAW.
The 12-bit legendary sound
To achieve this result, Demange has studied every bit of his very own Akai S950 unit in order to replicate each stage of the signal processing. With over a year of work, the result comes as the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter.
Co-designed with William Lamy, the same graphic designer who worked on previous Demange’s products, the RX950’s graphic user interface is made simple with only 4 knobs and one button, intended to be easy to understand and to use.
- The red input gain knob adds S950’s unique grit character with a warm, non-linear soft-distortion.
- The audio bandwidth knob controls the target sample rate and analog-to-digital conversion circuitry with an exquisite, yet remarkably subtle, aliasing effect.
- The filter knob controls the S950’s infamous steep low-pass filter.
- The output level knob sets the final volume.
- The mono button is not only here to remember that the S950 was monophonic, but it’s also a great mixing helper.
- Legendary 12-bit resolution
- Perfect modelling of the whole audio signal path from the original Akai S950 (Line Input > Analog gain > Pre-filtering > A/D conversion > D/A conversion > Post-filtering > Line Output)
- Adjustable audio bandwidth (and thus sampling frequency)
- Original steep 6th order low-pass Butterworth filter
- Stereo or mono operation
- Per-control CV input on the back panel (Rack Extension only)
- Low CPU consumption
Price & Availability
32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-in for Windows XP and higher
64-bit VST and AU plug-in for Mac OS X 10.9 and higher
Rack Extension for Reason 7.1+ (Mac & Windows)
Price: 19,00 €