May 23, 2015'"Wash is a Max Audio Effect that uses comb filters to create a reverb style effect. The aim of the device is to create dense washes of sound (akin to a watercolour wash).
- del fb (delay feedback): determines the amount of feedback, with higher values producing longer sustains.
- del time (delay time): changes the length of time of the delay.
- mod freq (modulation frequency): controls the frequency of the sine wave modulation oscillator.
- mod depth (modulation depth): changes the depth or amount of the modulation.
- jitter var (jitter variation): This modulation stage uses low pass filtered white noise, and the variation sets the cutoff frequency of the lowpass filter, with higher values producing more erratic variation.
- jitter depth: This parameter controls how much jitter is added to the delay time.
- low cut: attenuates low frequencies from the effect
- damping: attenuates high frequencies from the effect.
- dry wet: fades between the dry and effected audio signals.
- ef. gain (effect gain): scales the gain of the effect. This parameter is useful when the effect has high feedback settings as the volume can build up quickly.
- clear button: In between the final two parameters is a button that will clear audio from the delays.
Note that changing the delay time, jitter, and modulation parameters will affect the pitch of the effected audio.
Here's a short demo of the device with Live's Analog synthesiser device:
Here's a link to the device at the Max for Live database: