Here’s what our friends at Erica Synths have told us about their patchable mono synth, DIY Synth Voice. How it came into being, and what it does. The video is well worth watching too.
When developing Erica Black Series and Pico Series modules, we accumulated quite a know-how on compact and great sounding designs, and we decided to share some of those with DIY community. And therefore Erica Synths proudly presents – DIY Synth Voice module!
It consists of all the essential blocks for a versatile monosynth, and is 100% patchable for even more control options. In order to make the module more compact and reliable in tuning, it has a digital/analogue design. VCO and envelope generators/LFOs are digital, other parts are analogue. Digital parts are designed around pre-programmed MCU board, which comes with a kit pre-soldered on a small controller board. Chain up several Erica Synths DIY Synth Voice modules and you have a versatile polysynth!
- VCO with 16 waves and manual wave morphing
- -1 oct suboscillator
- White noise generator
- External audio input
- Audio Mixer
- LP/BP VCF inspired by Black Polivoks VCF
- Lin/log ASR envelope generator with looping function
- Lin ASR EG/LFO with looping function
- 9 LFO waves with wave morphing
- Tap tempo and LFO sync
- LFO frequency multiplication (x2, x4) and division (/2, /4) in sync mode
- VCA with bias control
- Auto callibration for better 1V/oct tuning
- PCBs + ICs (MCU board, 2xK140UD12 opamps, PCB connectors) = 60EUR
- PCBs + ICs (MCU board, 2xK140UD12 opamps, PCB connectors) + panel = 90EUR
- Full kit = 280EUR
Note: + 21% VAT for individual customers in EU without EU VAT registration number + shipping