November 20, 2020 — Erica Synths announces the arrival of its long-anticipated Black Sequencer Eurorack module, which is shipping at the beginning of December.
Sequencing power for a new generation of synthesists
The Black Sequencer features four channels with CV, gate and modulation outputs, and up to 64 step sequences that can be chained into songs, independent track time divisions, multiplications and lengths. It ncludes a built-in quantizer, LFOs, envelope generators, parameter randomization, a MIDI in/out and many other features essential for composing and performing electronic and experimental music.
Despite the Black Sequencer's depth of features, it provides many programmable parameters per step. Further, it is intuitive, easy and straightforward to use, and can serve as a master controller for many modular setups.
Watch this jam using the Erica Synths Black Sequencer by Robin Vincent:
- 4 CV/GATE/Modulation tracks
- MIDI IN and MIDI OUT
- Clock and Reset In/Out
- 16 encoders for easy sequence input
- Up to 64 steps per pattern
- Song mode – up to 64 patterns in chain, each pattern can be repeated up to 32 times
- Note, Glide, Gate length and Modulation adjustment per step
- Probability, repeats and ratcheting per step
- Microtonal tuning
- Adjustable shuffle per track, shuffle mode customization
- Timing divisions/multiplications per track
- Built-in quantizer
- Random pattern generator
- 16 banks of 16 pattern memory
- SD card slot for backup and firmware updates
Erica Synths Black Sequencer will begin shipping in early December at a cost of €510.