The eagerly awaited Yocto Roland TR-808 drum machine clone is nearing completion. It should be ready in about 3 weeks and the kit to make it will set you back just 295€.
The Yocto 2 kit includes two PCBs, potentiometers, and "rare parts and switches". Although a clone of the world's most famous drum machine, the Yocto 2 adds extra features to the TR-808...
Yocto 2 Features
- 12 analog instruments cloned of the Roland TR-808 and Boss PC-2 Percussion Synthesizer
- 128 Rhythm patterns from 1 to 16 steps
- 16 tracks of 999 measures
- 1 external instrument track by pattern that can store 99 notes like SH101 sequencer style.
- A Midi keyboard mode allow you to play external Midi device
- Multi out for each instruments
- Individual accent for BD, SD, LT, MT, HT, RS, HC and CH
- A total accent track
- Master out (L/R Mono) 6Vp-p 1Kohm
- tempo 30 - 250 Bpm
- 7 shuffle levels
- 4 scales (1/8t, 1/16, 1/16t and 1/32)
- 4 sequencer directions (forward, backward, ping-pong and random)
- Easy copy and paste pattern function
- Shift left or right the entire pattern or individual instrument
- In/Out/Thru Midi
- DinSync 24ppqn Out
- Trig Out 2ms +5V
- And More...
Manual available soon...
The kit includes:
- Two PCBs (the MainBoard and the IO board)
- All potentiometers
- All transistors (original 2SC828R, 2SC945P, 2SA733P and 2SK30A
- Two BA6110 (One for the Handclap VCA and the other for the Boss PC-2 VCA)
- One AN6912
- One HD14584BP
- The µC preprogrammed (an Atmega1284P)
- Six 1N34A germanium Diodes
All other parts are available on the Yocto v2.0 Mouser BOM.
If you're more inclined towards a Roland TR-909 clone, check out the Nava, also by E-Lick-Tronic.