The TB-303 clone from Behringer is proving to be wildly popular amongst modern synthesizer fans. The TD-3 is around €150, purely analog and a faithful recreation of the original Roland TB-303. What's not to like?
Well, some of you out there in cyberspace (that's so 2010's) have requested a couple of different colors. Namely, a black version and a yellow version with a smiley face. You know, Acid and all that.
So, what have Behringer gone and done? Not only have they read every single comment and request they could... but they've released a black version of the TD-3 and a special , limited-edition version of the TD-3 which is a rather appealing yellow color complete with a smiley face where the Behringer logo normally sits.
We belive the prices will be the same for all three units. But remember, the yellow version is a limited edition. It won't be around forever. Grab one while you can!
Here's an overview of the features for the TD-3 in case you're wondering
- Amazing Bass Line synthesizer with true analog circuitry for bass and groove sounds
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Sawtooth and square waveform VCO with transistor wave-shaping circuitry
- Amazing 4-pole low-pass resonant filter with cut-off, resonance, envelope, decay and accent controls
- Easy-to-use 16-step sequencer with 7 tracks, each with 250 user patterns
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Distortion circuitry modeled after the DS-1* adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- 11 controls and 28 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Italy