BLINKSONIC introduces AETØNZ, a virtual sampler synth for playing poly harmonic textures designed to add new juice to your Reaktor library.
BlinkSonic have also released version 2 of Ruidoz, a crazy sample mangler with tons of new features. More on that below. But here we’re focusing on AETØNZ, because it sounds just so damn beautiful. Here’s info from BlinkSonic about AETØNZ. If you read none of it, that’s fine. But if you’re into mangled ambient atmospheres then take a listen to the audio demos below.
Both instruments require the full version of Reaktor 5 or 6.
The AETØNZ hybrid sampler is a collection of 114 tones of various electronic and acoustic instruments. Based on 2 resynth engines and a line of 6 effects aimed to contextualize your sound, AETØNZ shows another way to use granular synthesis for rearranging classic analogs and digitals tones.
By merging the 2 signals of the sampler, AETØNZ lets you create new keyboard sets with subliminal background textures. These back layer sounds are generated randomly on every note and can produce fascinating soundscapes and experimental timbres.
As a good source of inspiration, AETØNZ comes with more than 200 snapshots on which you can improvise in real time and invent surprising polytonals chords.
Play further notes in scale, you get random combination of textures that stay in tune. The sound is moving, but the harmony is still !
Sometime it sounds weird, sometime it generates rich atmospheres... you will always get something different !
At the first sight, AETØNZ looks experimental and complex, but it’s also a compilation of sound I am using since a long time that can be played in a more classic way. It gives loads of presets with polyphonic instruments as classic keyboards, electric and acoustic bass, pads and various synths.
I had tried to gather the most representative kind of tones inside. All the base samples come from different sources : my own acoustic instruments (guitar, bass), MC 303, Crumar Bit 99, Juno 106, TE OP-1,Yamaha RM1X, one shots resamples of instruments i found in some of my favorite tracks… but mainly it comes from textures I builded from scratch with my audio editing software.
AETØNZ is also a funny graphic experience, with its constant flashed visuals feedbacks, an original flat GUI design and a graphic representation of each effect parameters.
Use it in your composition projects for movies, games or any soundtracks. You can get quick result if you are looking for a base of inspiration or if you want to add some crazyness over your tracks.
- 2 decks tones arrangers in which you can define the loop position (kind of oscillator) with precise pitch/tune definition.
- 2 maps with 114 originals one-shot samples.
- 9 banks with 207 snapshots in total.
- 1 stereo mixer to adjust the level of each decks.
- Tønz button : To enable instant randomisation of the sample selection on every gate events (notes on/off).
- ADSR enveloppe.
- Low/Highpass filter with the « Cutoff « parameter slaved to an LFO (4 shapes : Pulse, Triangle, Sin and Random).
- Filter Delay with the « Time » parameter slaved to an LFO (4 shapes : Pulse, Triangle, Sin and Random).
- Space Reverb.
- Hold Keys button (latch).
- Scale quantizer with 17 scales.
- Root scale note selector.
- Bank and snapshots browser knobs.
- Original Flat GUI with graphic representation of parameters and various values indicators.
- 2 screen views ( switch A/B in Reaktor) : Desk view and Synth view.
AETØNZ is available for $22.56 USD / €19.99
RUIDOZ, the mad sample mangler is back with new sounds and enhanced features !
RUIDOZ V.2 is a beat generator based on the randomization of samples events. This sound design instrument can create rhythmical sequences and a wide variety of sound textures. It’s also a collection of 340 micro samples that aim to be part of rhythmic kits.
RUIDOZ is organized with a step sequencer that triggers one sound on every gate events. Nothing new here, apart that when the random mode is enable, this process creates an interesting flux of sample changes. An ADSR enveloppe, a filter, an auto pan, a compressor and a reverb are here to sculpt the basic shapes.
These mutant sequences can also be manipulated in real time with the 2 included Auto FX. Every effect processors have 2 parameters which can be modulated and these modulations can be recorded in live.
Included in the ensemble, a collection of 340 sound samples. Compared to the previous version, it’s an addition of 212 new pieces of electric charges, of liquid flows, of wood and metallic impacts…
All is ready for producing original glitchy beats, noisy percussions rhythms and either soundscapes, HUD sounds, semi harmonic phrases and mechanical riffs.
NEW FEATURES V.2
- New GUI
- Enhanced random function with the possibilities to adjust the range of randomization of the samples selection.
- Control Pitch envelope with LFO.
- 4 maps (instead of only 1).
- Random map button (it’s getting really weird !).
- Improved ADSR enveloppe.
- Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release parameters are now revealed and available.
- Additional Auto Fx section with 8 new effects and instant launch of the effect with momentary button.
- 4 sample engines with SPEED, GRAIN, SMOOTH, PITCH parameters.
- 340 one shot samples embed in 4 maps.
- 13 Banks and 354 snapshots.
- Modulate PITCH value with a 4 shapes LFO (Pulse, Triangle, Sin and Random).
- ADSR enveloppe.
- Step sequencer with up to 16 steps - time signature from 1/1 to 1/64 - Swing & offset position - 4 directions
- 3 random modes for Sample selection, Map Selection and Random Step.
- 2 auto fx modules with X/Y surface to control parameters and playback/record functions
- 20 effects embed in Auto Fx module. (Only one can process the signal at time in each modules)
- List of effects : Scratch, Stutter, Pitchshifter, Bit Reducer, Ring Modulator, Distortion, Looper, UFO, Space, Reflection, Feedback, Resonator, Freq Mod, Flanger, Vowel, Phaser, Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass and Reverse.
- Auto Pan Stereo
- Space Reverb
- Main Filter with 7 modes and controlled by aX/Y axis pad.
- View B with a compact interface, essential control elements, Bank and Snapshot browser knobs.
RUIDOZ is also available for $22.56 USD / €19.99