At its core the Delaydelus 2 is performative sampler that can manipulate the pitch of 4 stereo samples at once. Coupled with extensive CV in and out, a syncable delay, and audio input you have a machine that can make anything from boom bap beats to outer dimensional noise loops, with or without additional gear. It will be priced at $295 and early orders will ship in September 2019.
The Delaydelus 2 is a stand alone unit that can send and receive standard CV and triggers from a eurorack modular or anything else but. It's made to live outside a rack so you can perform with it more easily, or use it without modular gear entirely. It's also a bit taller than a eurorack module.
It's not necessarily semi-modular but self patching is encouraged. The device takes -5 to 9V CV inputs, triggers over 3V, sends 10V triggers, and sends 0-8V CV out Audio in and outs are line level AC coupled. You can use it as a stereo delay effect with one of the 2 through modes. Delay times of the left and right channels are independently adjustable.
- Stereo 16bit 44kHz audio i/o
- Banana plug patch bay allows you to play up to 4 samples at once triggered from the two arcade buttons or trigger inputs.
- Control the speed and direction of the samples with the knobs as well as the CV FM (-5V to 10V) input
- CV envelope follower out (0-8V) based on audio playback level
Trigger outs (10V) from each sampler button.
- One shot mode, Gate (mpc style) mode, + Send external audio through the built in 1 second stereo delay.
- Record into one of 10 banks. Each can hold up to 17 seconds of high quality audio.
- Delay sync in and out with the ability to divide and multiply incoming sync rate.
- Micro SD card slot allows loading and saving WAV files to and from the 10 banks.
- Built-in new samples from Daedelus
- Worldwide 12 DC power adapter included
Price: $295. Early orders ship in September 2019.
Learn more about making music with hardware instruments and FX: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=new-releases