Released in 2014, Bitwig Studio was the first music production software to combine linear and non-linear sequencing on Windows, macOS, and Linux. It paired cutting-edge technologies— like plug-in crash protection, nested devices chains, and a highly flexible user interface—with a lightning-fast workflow for keyboard, mouse, and touchscreen.
Now, meet Bitwig Studio 3, which opens a new window for working with sound: The Grid. You can check out our brand new dedicated video course about using The Grid here.
- The Grid, a modular sound design environment sporting 154 modules and lightning-fast workflows
- Poly Grid device: for creating synthesizers, sequenced patches, and more
- FX Grid device: for creating audio FX with optional voice stacking
- Automatic Project Backups, each time you re-save a project
- Realtime Ruler, showing timelines in minutes and seconds
- Ableton LINK version 3, supporting start/stop synchronization
- Global GUI Contrast settings, making the interface pop on any monitor
- Redesigned Instrument Inspector, offering polyphony, two mono voice modes, and more
- VU Meters in Routing Choosers, showing the signal you are looking for
- Reworked audio backends, sporting timing improvements on all platforms
Modularity has been at the core of Bitwig Studio from the beginning. Devices can be nested, clips are containers, modulators exist everywhere, and practically anything can be dragged anywhere. But with Bitwig Studio 3, we are zooming out so you can push in.
The Grid is an open modular environment that powers a family of new devices in Bitwig Studio 3: Poly Grid and FX Grid. With a vast library of modules and a supersonic workflow, you’ll be creating your own unique sounds immediately, and in high-fidelity. Simply add a Grid device to your project and start patching.
The Grid includes:
- Fully-modular sound design
- Fantastic sound quality
- 150+ modules
- Any signal, anywhere
- Lighting-fast workflow
- 4x-oversampled, stereo signal path
- Construct a polyphonic synthesizer from scratch in one session.
- Create an adaptive audio effect with your signature sound.
- Experiment with generative drones until you find a new way to perform. Or simply create the undefinable. Patching is effortless, giving full reign to your creativity.
Price: Regular price £340. Summer discount price £269. Demo version available.
Become a Bitwig expert with our full range of pro video courses covering all versions: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=category/audio/application/bitwigstudio