There's a flurry of new announcements from Behringer. Yes, even more than usual. Aside from the "warp feature" for what we believe to be the Model D (perhaps a polyphonic Model D coming soon also), the synthesizer power house has just announced the WASP Deluxe.
Here's a video showcasing the WASP DELUXE in action:
Behringer Wasp Deluxe is a recreation of the popular, portable 1978 The Wasp. Here's the spec of the eurorack compatible version being released in 2019:
- Legendary hybrid synthesizer with dual digital OSC design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “Wasp Deluxe” circuitry
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCF and VCA designs
- 3 variable oscillator shapes with pulse / ramp and enhanced mode for ultimate sounds
- Multi-mode VCF with Lo, Hi, Band and Notch modes
- Flexible LFO with 6 waveform shapes including noise and S&H with frequency and pitch modulation control
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 29 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
According to various retailers it looks like the price will be $299 USD.