Subscription licensing or software purchase with upgrade plan allows professionals to stay current with future software updates and innovations as soon as they are released, at no additional charge.
WHAT: Avid® today announced that the next generation of the industry-standard digital audio software, Pro Tools® 12, is now available. This release features new flexible licensing options, offering customers the choice to subscribe for as little as $24.99 per month, or to buy it outright with an annual upgrade plan.
These new options make it easy for users to stay current with future software upgrades and innovations as they are released at no additional charge. Pro Tools 12 delivers on Avid's commitment to deliver more choice to customers for accessing and deploying their tools, a key element of Avid Everywhere™.
With Pro Tools 12, customers will also get access to forthcoming Avid Cloud Collaboration, Avid Marketplace and Avid Artist Community innovations, designed to provide a more efficient, collaborative and profitable connection between artists, media professionals and their audiences.
Avid Cloud Collaboration
Avid Cloud Collaboration is an integrated set of collaboration workflows that makes it easy for groups of artists and audio professionals to work together on the same project. These integrated workflows eliminate the time-consuming manual file management required when relying on generic cloud storage solutions by automatically synchronizing project changes across the group.
Avid Marketplace and Avid Artist Community
The Avid Marketplace delivers a convenient in-app purchase experience to Pro Tools for plug-ins and apps from Avid Connectivity partners, and a community for connecting talent with collaborators, for buying and selling content, and for storing their work.
The Avid Marketplace enables artists and professionals to:
- Get plug-ins and apps immediately: With the Avid App Store, artists can find and immediately download the latest plug-ins and applications from Avid Connectivity Partners directly from within their creative tools (available now)
- Find new talent and start new collaborations: With the Artist Community, any media professional and organization can search for the skills and specialties they need on a project, find new talent and potential collaborators and start a working relationship (coming soon)
- Share their work with the world: The Avid Content Marketplace provides a new channel for artists to monetize their work by sharing it with a wide network of potential purchasers – with all licensing and rights agreements worked out through automatic templates (coming soon)
- Store their work and collaborate with other professionals: With Avid cloud storage audio professionals can post sessions to their own cloud storage space and invite others to collaborate on projects (coming soon)
Seventeen additional plug-ins and nine new plug-in bundles are now available in the Avid Marketplace and as in-app purchases in Pro Tools.
WHO: Pro Tools 12 provides artists with access to the same tools as top industry pros, at an affordable price point, from anywhere in the world via the cloud.
WHEN: The new version of Pro Tools 12 is available now (as of March 23, 2015).
WHERE: Pro Tools 12 is available to purchase online via the Avid Marketplace.
- Pro Tools software monthly subscription (one-month license subscription with updates and support) starts at $29.99/month
- Pro Tools software annual upgrade plan (12 months of updates and support) starts at $199
- Pro Tools software annual subscription (12-month license subscription with updates and support) starts at $299
- Perpetual licenses for Pro Tools software (includes 12 months of updates and support) start at $899
Key benefits and features of Avid Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools include:
- Secure and hassle-free setup: Post sessions to your own cloud storage space and invite others to collaborate
- Fully integrated collaboration: Work on the same session at the same time or create offline and share updates directly within Pro Tools
- Comprehensive workflows: Share audio and MIDI tracks, edits, mix changes, automation, and more
- Simplified project and media management: Keep track of all contributors and version changes with automatic and fully customizable metadata tagging
- Built-in communication tools: Engage with collaborators through text or video chat directly from within Pro Tools
The nine new plug-in bundles now available in the Avid Marketplace and as in-app purchases in Pro Tools include:
- Eleven Effects Bundle — A collection of 17 Avid AAX Native, DSP and AudioSuite 64-bit plug-in effects modeled after circuitry and design of many popular analog “stomp-box” guitar effects.
- Pro Series Bundle — Includes all five of the popular Avid Pro Series processors in AAX Native, DSP and AudioSuite 64-bit format as a single bundle at over 50% savings.
- First Distortion Bundle, First Reverb Delay Bundle, First Guitar Bass Bundle, First Modulation Bundle, First EQ Dynamics Bundle, First AIR Effects Bundle, and First Air Instruments Bundle — Include selections from the new Eleven Effects and other Avid plug-ins, allowing Pro Tools | First users to access the professional creative tools they need to create richer sounding, more complex mixes.