The Arturia MicroFreak has just got a cool new sibling, MicroFreak Vocoder Edition. Here's what you need to know about this limited-time, limited-quantity edition of the mighty MicroFreak, combining the mind-bending Freak hybrid formula with a 16-band Vocoder mode, a gooseneck microphone, and a striking limited edition finish:
A new look, a new configuration, a new sound. Let’s take a closer look at what makes this exclusive limited-run Freak tick...
Gooseneck microphone: Easily adjustable and removable, the mic connects to the headphone socket, designed to fit snug against MicroFreak’s rear connectivity panel.
Limited-edition finish: MicroFreak Vocoder Edition has been given a makeover, featuring a sleek, eye-catching white design with a unique Swan graphic.
New 16-band Vocoder engine: Accurately detect, filter and replicate the complex harmonics of the human voice. Sawtooth, pulse width and noise waveforms, with 16 new presets to boot.
Connect external sound sources: Process an external sound source like a drum machine/synth via the headphone socket for glitchy vocoder sound processing.
- Synthesizer with 256 preset slots and 224 factory presets
- 14 Digital oscillator with variable mode, including Mutable Instruments Plaits engines and new Vocoder mode
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes: Envelope & LFO
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes - Up to 4 voices
- Chord mode lets you program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale Quantize lets you set a specific scale for the white notes to simplify the creative process
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful arpeggiator: Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes & Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output
But wait... if you already have a MicroFreak, wish you had the vocoder functionality and are therefore feeling somewhat heavy-hearted... be not too sad. Users who already own MicroFreak can update their firmware to V2.1 to unlock the new Vocoder feature, presets and TRRS connectivity. And you can easily connect a sound source to the headphone socket via 3.5mm or splitter adapter!
Existing MicroFreak owners download the firmware update here.
The MicroFreak Vocoder Edition is available to purchase at any authorised Arturia dealer while stock last.
Street price $349/329€