Apple releases Logic Pro 10.7.9
Apple just released an update to Logic Pro for macOS. There is no major new features, but a lot of various bug fixes.
Apple has recently rolled out an update to Logic Pro for macOS, aimed at improving the stability of the popular DAW. While this update does not bring any major new features to the table, it addresses several issues and fixes various bugs, ensuring a smoother and more reliable user experience. So fire up the App Store on your Mac and download the update now.
See the full list of changes below:
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where adjusting the Threshold control in the Strip Silence could cause Logic Pro to quit unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue where 32-bit audio files might be damaged when adjusting their speed in Logic Pro.
- Fixes an issue where Audio Units Software could cause Logic Pro to quit unexpectedly when MIDI 2.0 is enabled in the settings for Logic Pro.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when Delete and Shuffle Left is performed with a Marquee selection.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when launched with the option to create a new empty project.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro might quit unexpectedly when anayzing audio files for Flex editing while running in Rosetta mode.
- Improves stability while scanning for Audio Units.
- Recording MIDI on Aux sub-tracks of a multi output instrument now works.
- Logic Pro no longer creates empty audio tracks when recording in Cycle mode if the recording setting Create Tracks and Mute in Cycle Mode is enabled, the audio file type is set to Wave, and there is a quantize value set.
Takes and comping
- Comp segments created by dragging from right to left now play back correctly.
- The Range setting in the Pitch Correction plug-in now recalled correctly after the plug-in is closed and then re-opened.
- Fab Filter Pro-Q settings are now retained when round-tripping projects between Logic Pro for Mac and Logic Pro for iPad.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- The Locate button in the Sampler missing files dialog now works as expected.
- Fixes an issue where pasted channel strip settings could be applied to a selected channel strip, instead of the channel strip where the paste command menu item was chosen from.
- Resolves an issue where unsoloing a track in the channel strip inspector would also unsolo all other soloed tracks.
Bounce and export
- The Loudness Meter now continues to show values after a bounce.
- Restores ability to assign tracks to external MIDI by pressing Option while importing a Standard MIDI file.
- The content of Apple Loops dragged into projects with time signatures other than 4/4 is no longer unexpectedly offset.
Control surfaces and MIDI controllers
- Volume and Pan can now be reliably adjusted using an attached control surface or MIDI Controller in cases where the setting Record Automation with MIDI Region is enabled.
- The Launchpad Pro Mk3 control surface now works properly with Logic Pro.
- Fixes an issue where it was not possible to access tools in the Piano Roll using the right mouse button to open a contextual menu.
- Paste at Original Position now works in the Piano Roll.
- The Create Note command from the contextual menu in the Piano Roll now creates a note at the pitch where the pointer originally clicked.
- Resolves an issue where the visible area in the Piano Roll could unexpectedly shift in pitch when entering notes into the editor.
- Restores abiliity for regions on frozen tracks to mute when soloing other regions.
- Auto-colorize tracks now works for Software Instrument tracks as expected.
- The Pickup Clock key command now moves automation with regions, or asks if automation should be moved, depending on the move automation setting.
- Regions created on MIDI tracks are now named for the track, rather than being named “MIDI region.”
- The Tab to Transients key command now works reliably with audio files that have not yet been analyzed for transients.
- Projects created from templates saved with record-enabled tracks now open with those tracks record-enabled.
- Frozen Software Instrument tracks no longer continue to output audio when the track is set to Off.
- Region borders of MIDI regions recorded in projects with time signatures other than 4/4 are no longer unexpectedly extended.