Santa Monica, California, April 13, 2017 - Apogee is pleased to announce the availability of a new software update for their Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt audio interface. The release offers significant new features for users, including standalone AD/DA functionality, multi-unit support, compatibility with Apogee Control hardware remote, and an all new Symphony Control software for Mac.
Symphony Control Software
Symphony Control has been built from the ground up and replaces Apogee’s Maestro software for Symphony I/O Mk II users. Symphony Control delivers all the functionality of Maestro in a new, highly customizable user interface along with innovative new features like Talkback functionality, the simplified “Essentials” control window and an FX Send mixer feature, recently introduced as part of the Element Control software.
Standalone routing lets you setup and use Symphony I/O Mk II without a computer. From the front panel touch screen you can set up Symphony I/O Mk II to use Apogee’s flagship AD/DA conversion with your Windows DAW workstation, digital console or even your Hi-Fi System. With Symphony I/O Mk II in Standalone Mode connected digitally to any of these systems, you can choose to bypass the AD/DA converters of your existing gear and utilize Apogee’s instead.
Multi-unit support for up to 64 channels of I/O
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt customers can now use 2 units simultaneously for up to 64 channels of I/O over a Thunderbolt connection to their Mac. Symphony I/O Mk II combined with Logic Pro on a Mac delivers the most advanced native workstation available with superior quality high-channel count recording at incredibly low latency.
Apogee Control Hardware Support
The latest software update provides compatibility between Symphony I/O Mk II audio interfaces and the Apogee Control hardware remote accessory. Apogee Control gives you instant access to input and output levels using the large Symphony-inspired Control knob and 3 control knob focus buttons, plus direct access to a wide range of software functions using the 8 user-configurable hardware buttons. Apogee Control hardware remote connects directly to your Mac using the included USB cable and is now available from authorized Apogee dealers worldwide for $195 USD.
About Symphony I/O Mk II
Symphony I/O Mk II is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs per unit), intuitive touchscreen display and optional world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering, Symphony I/O Mk II is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio.
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II Highlights:
- Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt™ audio interface
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Original Symphony I/O modules are compatible with new Mk II chassis (AO16 and AI16 modules are not compatible with Symphony I/O Mk II)
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Choice of Thunderbolt or Pro Tools® HD (Mac/PC) connectivity
- Waves SoundGrid® and Dante connectivity coming soon
- Ultra-low latency performance – 1.35 ms with Thunderbolt and Logic Pro X
- All new, highly customizable Symphony Control software provides easy access to all I/O parameters
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.