All FabFilter plugins updated with AAX Apple Silicon support, interface scaling and more
FabFilter has announced its latest update, introducing AAX support for Apple Silicon, interface scaling and more...
FabFilter has announced the release of its latest update for all FabFilter plugins, introducing AAX support for Apple Silicon, new features, and bug fixes. This free update is available for all existing customers and is highly recommended for all users.
AAX Apple Silicon Support and Interface Scaling
One of the most notable new features is the added support for Apple Silicon for all AAX plugins. The company has also introduced interface scaling support for all Pro and Creative plugins. This means that users can now adjust the scale of the entire interface, with options to increase or decrease the scale, such as 125% or 150%.
Other New Features
The update also includes reduced CPU spikes when changing oversampling or high-quality mode in Pro and Creative plugins. In addition, the company has added a right-click shortcut menu for the preset button, with Save and Save As options, making it easier for users to manage and access their presets. Twin 3, a popular plugin, has also added the ability to mark presets as favorite using this feature.
The updated plugins are fully compatible with previous versions, and users can download the latest versions and 30-day trials from the FabFilter website.
Here's a list of everything new:
- Added Apple Silicon support for all AAX plug-ins.
- All Pro and Creative plug-ins now support interface scaling. The resize button in the bottom right corner of the interface now offers a Scaling submenu, with options to increase or decrease the scale of the entire interface, e.g. 125%, 150%, etc.
- Reduced CPU spikes on changing oversampling or high quality mode in Pro and Creative plug-ins.
- Added a right-click shortcut menu for the preset button, with Save and Save As options. In Twin 3, this also lets you mark a preset as favorite.
- Added support for MIDI program changes in the VST3 plug-ins.
- Timeless 3, Volcano 3, Twin 3 and Saturn 2: Added Show Source Flow option, available via the Add Source '+' button menu.
- Timeless 3, Volcano 3, Twin 3 and Saturn 2: Added Auto-Collapse Sources option, available via the Add Source '+' button menu. When enabled, expanding one source interface will automatically collapse the others (the default behavior). When disabled, multiple source interfaces can be expanded at the same time.
- Pro-DS and Pro-G: Added support for different interface sizes and Full Screen mode.
- Pro-G: Added density spectrum visualization in the side chain filter controller, similar to how Pro-DS shows this.
- Pro-L 2: Added Auto-Reset option for loudness metering, available as a toggle option in the Loudness Time Scale menu. When enabled, loudness metering and clipping will be reset every time playback starts in the DAW.
- Twin 3: Fixed a bug which caused the main Frequency Offset parameter to be ignored for filters with panning and non-modulated Filter Frequency.
- Twin 3: Redesigned options icon in the preset browser to make it more discoverable.
- Volcano 3: Fixed a bug that could cause possible clicks or noise when modulating filter peak values around zero.
- Volcano 3: Fixed issue where text entry for the peak value in the parameter value display would change frequency when piano display was enabled.
- Volcano 3: Fixed an issue in the mono version of the plug-in where filters that were removed in the interface could still remain in effect.
- Twin 3: The Arpeggiator Lock parameter is now always disabled for new instances of the plug-in.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
Want to join the discussion?
Create an account or login to get started!