Cumberland, RI, USA '" September 8, 2014. Akai Professional (akaipro.com), creator of the iconic Music Production Center (MPC), announces their largestÂever update to MPC Software '" the software platform for creating music with the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio. Version 1.7, a free update, introduces enhancements that bring the most inÂdemand features to modern music producers.
MPC Software version 1.7 introduces AAX compatibility for use with Pro Tools 10 and 11. In addition, the software's audio structure has been optimized to allow for deeper manipulation of MPC programs including an enriched mixer interface, multiÂprocessor audio path, improved metering accuracy, and new automation capabilities. Legacy MPC Software project files are supported by version 1.7 with the addition of enhanced creative control.
Continuing MPC's track record for worldÂclass content, MPC Software version 1.7 delivers a host of powerful new sonic tools. Hybrid 3, the bestÂselling synthesizer plugin from AIR Music Technology, is seamlessly integrated into the software. With automatic intelligent mapping of MPC's controls, users can create lush, highÂdefinition synth parts in the same environment as sampleÂbased music. Version 1.7 also includes two free expansions from Prime Loops, the premier creator of sound libraries for music producers and DJs. The two expansions, Deep House Drums and Official Trap Drums, span over 30 new programs of fresh kits, loops, and demo tracks. A new expansion browser provides streamlined access to all instruments and sample expansion packs with better organization of programs, samples, and sequences.
The update also adds new creative workflow features. Direct Record brings a live loopÂstationÂstyle sampling option to Sample Record Mode, letting producers build complex layered recordings effortlessly. For greater flexibility within the DAW environment, MPC users may export their project audio by program or track, as well as being able to mixdown insert return buses and the master effects insert.
'This is a monumental update for the MPC user,' noted Dan Gill, Akai Professional Product Manager. 'We have added features and content that will ignite the creative process while giving the user more capability than ever within their favorite DAW. Even more, we are including an industryÂ leading synthesizer and two expansions to push the sonic boundaries even further.'
MPC Software v1.7 Highlights:
- AAX plugin compatibility for use with Pro Tools 10 and 11
- All Ânew audio mixer architecture with improved metering and control
- MultiÂprocessor audio path with enhanced performance
- Extensive track automation with inÂdepth visual feedback
- Hybrid 3 builtÂ-in; a virtual synth from AIR Music Technology
- Comprehensive audio export; export audio by program and track
- Direct Record mode: realÂtime loopÂstyle sample layering
- Mixer view filters for customized display of essential parameters
- AllÂnew expansion browser with adjustable sampleÂaudition volume
- Two free Prime Loops expansions; 30+ programs of kits, loops, and demo tracks
- New keyboard shortcuts for greater efficiency during common tasks
- Over 100 workflow and stability enhancements
MPC Software version 1.7 is available now as a free update for MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio owners. InternetÂconnected computers will automatically prompt MPC Software users for an update upon program startup. For a manual download or a comprehensive list of features, visit akaipro.com.