Cumberland, RI USA (April 4, 2019) — Akai Professional has announced the immediate availability of Splice integration in Force, MPC Live and MPC X; a pivotal series of updates that offer users immediate wi-fi access to their own Splice library directly from the touch user interface – perfect for ultra-fast auditioning of sounds for use within Force and MPC projects.
Splice Sounds offers artists millions of easily downloaded sounds, from Dry claps to Buzzy 808s to 747s landing to that rare Zildjian 20-inch thin China crash, and everything in between. The possibilities for layers, filters, distortion and effects are virtually endless. Millions of musicians - from Top 40 hitmakers to bedroom producers - come to Splice to get started or unstuck, move forward and make progress on their music.
To celebrate Splice integration in Akai Professional’s Standalone Series, Splice Sounds is offering all Force, MPC Live and MPC X users a free 3-month subscription to Splice with access to millions of royalty-free samples, loops, and presets.
Released in January 2019, Force features an 8x8 RGB clip launch matrix, a 7-inch full-color touch- capacitive multitouch display, 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays, two audio inputs, four audio outputs, MIDI and CV I/O. Together, this comprehensive versatility affords the user an unprecedented degree of creative freedom and expression, while remaining totally free of the constraints of being tethered to a computer.
Additional features include time stretching/pitch-shifting in real time, a comprehensive set of on-board effects by AIR Music Technology, plus the TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines. It also boasts an additional synth called Hype, a preset and macro-based synth combining several different synth engines into a single easy-to-use package. Force also has the ability to record eight stereo tracks.
- Standalone - no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7-inch color capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/Instrument/Line Inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8-inch TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included)
- (4) configurable CV/Gate Outputs to integrate your modular setup
- (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- Time stretch/pitch shift in real time
- Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines
- Ability to record 8 stereo tracks
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- 2GB of RAM
- Full-Size SD card Slot
- User-expandable 2.5-inch SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD)
- (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
MPC X / Live
Akai Professional’s MPC series offer a truly standalone production experience, providing users with an arsenal of core creative tools engineered for immediate creative expression. Fusing legendary MPC sampling with onboard synth engines, production grade mixing tools, DAW-style audio editing & capture, real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting and much more, MPC empowers users to take command of their production without sacrificing the must-have power modern processors facilitate.
Splice integration is included as part of update 3.0.2 for Force, and update 2.5 for MPC Live/X; both updates are available immediately.
Learn how to produce music with AKAI software and hardware: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=category/audio/topic/akai