“Love Song” was written with the help of Amadeus Code, the AI songwriting assistant that takes data from centuries of music to inspire songwriters with melodic ideas. While Amadeus Code can assist in the creative process, like any AI, it cannot feel love. This is why collaboration with the Amadeus Code team was necessary to fully bring the track to life.
Amadeus Code does not write lyrics, but if you’re looking for a fully-generated masterpiece, you can use this Love Song Lyrics Generator to complete the track.
You can listen to “Love Song” from Amadeus Code via YouTube below.
Digital Love: How “Love Song” was written with the help of AI
We wanted to create a song with a specific singer in mind, and for this demo, it was Taylor Swift. With that in mind, here are the parameters we set in the app:
- Bpm set to slow to create a pop ballad
- To give the verses a rhythmic feel, the note length settings were set to “short” and also since her vocals have great presence below C, the note range was also set from low~mid range.
- For the chorus, to give contrast to the rhythmic verses, the note lengths were set longer and a wider note range was set to give a dynamic range overall.
- After re-generating a few ideas in the app, the midi file was exported and handed to an arranger who made the track.
Arranging with Amadeus Code
Taylor’s vocal range is somewhere in the range of C#3-G5. The key of the song created with Amadeus Code was raised a half step in order to accommodate this range making the song F3-D5.
From the exported MIDI, 90% of the topline was used. The rest of the 10% was edited by the human arranger/producer: the bass and harmony files are 100% from the AC MIDI files.
Learn more about Amadeus Code at www.amadeuscode.com
Want to join the discussion?
Create an account or login to get started!