At last, what feels like an eternity after it was first announced, Ableton has released Live 10 and it's available to download now. And to coincide with the release, we have a brand new course to help you get the most out of Live 10! Click here to check out the new course - Ableton Live 10 101: Quick Start Guide!
Here's a full list of what's new in Ableton Live 10:
• Wavetable is Ableton’s latest synth—immediately playable with a vast sonic palette.
• Echo produces delay sounds from classic textures to soundscapes, wailing feedback and experimental atmospheres.
• Drum Buss is a one-stop workstation for drums, capable of adding subtle character or completely bending and breaking drums.
• Pedal brings the character of analog stomp boxes to Live with separate circuit-level models of overdrive, distortion and fuzz guitar pedals.
• Capture recalls an idea after it has been played and turns it into a MIDI clip with groove and feel intact.
• Multiple MIDI clip editing allows users to see the content of two or more clips in one detail view.
• Groups within groups allow for greater flexibility when mixing and improves Set organization even with lots of tracks and a detailed arrangement.
• A multitude of refinements including improvements to Arrangement View workflows, Browser Collections, I/O renaming, note chasing, and much more.
• Curated Collections capture the musical threads that tie together
evolving styles and scenes.
• Four all-new Essential Instruments include synths, and multi-sampled electric keys and drums .'¨
• Live 10’s Core Library gets a sonic upgrade with richer, more detailed sounds.
• A new step sequencing layout allows simultaneous note sequencing '¨and real time playing.
'¨• MIDI note view allows navigation and refinement of the notes in a pattern in context directly on the Push display.
'¨• Richer visualization with more feedback of key Live devices including Wavetable, Echo, EQ Eight and Compressor.
'¨• Workflow improvements to layouts, building and extending patterns, track arming and more.
• Deeper integration with Live 10 Suite means devices now load faster, '¨use less CPU and feel more like Live’s native devices.
'¨• Sonically upgraded Drum Synths, improved modulation and mapping Devices and more.
'¨• Multi-channel audio routing means mixing using multi-channel speaker setups is now possible.
'¨• Max for Live devices can send and receive SysEx, allowing deeper access to external gear.
Download versions of Ableton Live 10 cost
79 EUR / 99 USD / 69 GBP for Live Intro,
349 EUR / 449 USD / 319 GBP for Live Standard and 599 EUR / 749 USD / 539 GBP for Live Suite.
Boxed versions of Ableton Live 10 cost
99 EUR / 99 USD / 89 GBP for Live Intro,
399 EUR / 499 USD / 359 GBP for Live Standard and 649 EUR / 799 USD / 579 GBP for Live Suite.