Here's the list of new features in the Synthmaster 2.8 update:
1. 4 new filter categories: Ladder (Moog), Diode Ladder (TB303), Bite (Korg MS20) and State Variable (SEM) filters all based on "zero delay feedback" (ZDF in short) topology. All the new filter categories also haven an Acid button. When turned on, this couples the resonance to the cutoff frequency so that resonance decreases with decreasing cutoff frequency.
2. Analog ADSR envelope type: This new envelope type is modelled after Moog Sub Phatty envelopes. The attack/decay durations are between 1 milloseconds - 9 seconds.
3. Dual LFO type: In this new LFO type, you can choose two waveforms and crossfade between them to create a variable shaped LFO. There's also bitcrush and sample&hold available in this mode.
4. Drag-n-drop modulation: Now you can create modulation matrix entries by dragging a modulation source displayed on the new modulation sources tab and dragging it onto any know on the user interface. When you click on any knob, the modulation matrix is filtered to show only entries for that target. Similarly, when you click on any modulation source on the modulation source tab, only targets for that source are displayed and modulation amounts for targets are drawn as rings around the knobs.
5. Layer Effects on a single tab: Prior to v2.8, layer effects were scattered in 3 different tabs. Now in v2.8, they are displayed on a single tab in the order they are inserted. The ordering of the insert effects can be easily changed by dragging an insert effect and dropping it onto another one.
6. Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support: Starting with v2.8, SynthMaster now supports multichannel MIDI input. New generation keyboard like the ROLI Seaboard generate MIDI messages in different MIDI channels for each key pressed, allowing each key to have separate modwheel, pitch bend, etc. values. To suppor ROLI further, we also added a new global parameter called "Map CC74 to CC1" so that the CC74 messages generated by Roli can be change to CC1 to take advantage of presets using CC1 modulation.
7. New Drum Kit: Our first factory drum kit, recorded at Mars Yapım by Mehmet Uğur Memiş and Atalay Ant is finally available in this update. The drum kit features percussion instruments with multiple velocity regions. Our product manager Gercek Dorman (who also happens to be a multi-percussionist!) created 50 drum patterns/presets as factory presets in this update.
8. DrumKit Mode for the Arpeggiator: A new mode called "DrumKit" has been added to the arpeggiatgor. In this mode, you can easily write drum patterns for a selected drum kit. Drum kits can be created in plain text files, where percussion instruments are mapped to specific MIDI notes. Each drum kit can have up to 16 percussion instruments defined.
9. Recording Mono/Poly (Chord) Sequences directly from MIDI: Starting with v2.8, now it's possible to record mono or poly (chord) into the arpeggiator in "Sequence" mode.
10. New Factory Presets: We added 150 new factory presets in this update. Arksun, who is a well known sound designer, has contributed to our factory library with 50 awesome presets!